Introducing the Hamilton Mobile CapTel® Application for BlackBerry® Smartphones
(September 2, 2010)
Captions of Phone Conversations Viewed on Select BlackBerry Smartphones – Benefits Individuals with Hearing Loss
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
– Today at the ALDAcon 2010 Conference, Hamilton CapTel announced the availability of a new application for BlackBerry smartphones designed to benefit individuals with hearing loss. Launching the Hamilton Mobile CapTel application for BlackBerry smartphones represents an important milestone for Hamilton CapTel – now enabling individuals with hearing loss to communicate effectively with captioned telephone services on industry-leading BlackBerry smartphones.
With the Hamilton Mobile CapTel App for BlackBerry smartphones, customers can "see what they say" directly on their BlackBerry smartphone. Similar to closed captioning on TV, captioned telephone service allows users to talk on their phone, listen and read captions of their conversation on the screen on their BlackBerry smartphone. This expansion of Hamilton CapTel technology ensures that more people are able to make and receive calls with the support of captions for a clear understanding of what is being said.
The Hamilton Mobile CapTel App for BlackBerry smartphones supports use on the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700, BlackBerry® Storm2™ 9550 and BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 models.
"The ALDAcon Conference, hosted by the Association of Late-Deafened Adults (ALDA), is the perfect venue to announce this new technology offering," said Dixie Ziegler, vice president of Hamilton Relay, provider of the Hamilton Mobile CapTel service. "Whether on the go or at home, it is frustrating not being able to understand what is being said on the phone. Now individuals with hearing loss can read what is said on their BlackBerry smartphone while listening at the same time. With the increasing use of smartphones, we knew that it made sense to roll out an application for BlackBerry users as part of our commitment to increasing accessibility to consumers nation-wide."
BlackBerry smartphone users can get started with the Hamilton Mobile CapTel App quickly and easily in just a few steps:
1. Register a username and password at HamiltonWebCapTel.com.
2. Download the application at bb.HamiltonCapTel.com.
3. Once installed, open the application and log into captioned services. For users who have registered and downloaded the application, captioned services are accessible immediately.
4. Place and receive calls with captions using the Hamilton Mobile CapTel App.
For more information about the Hamilton Mobile CapTel App for BlackBerry smartphones, visit HamiltonCapTel.com
About Hamilton CapTel
Hamilton CapTel is a service of Hamilton Relay, a division of Hamilton Telecommunications, a diversified communications and technology services provider based in Aurora, Neb. Founded in 1901, Hamilton Telecommunications has grown to encompass eight primary company divisions allowing Hamilton to operate on a local, regional and national basis. For more information about Hamilton CapTel, please visit HamiltonCapTel.com
CapTel is a registered trademark of Ultratec, Inc. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM assumes no obligations or liability and makes no representation, warranty, endorsement or guarantee in relation to any aspect of any third party products or services.