Hamilton CapTel - See what they say.
Updated December 6, 2010
HAMILTON RELAY, INC.
Hamilton Relay is concerned about customer privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Hamilton Relay limits the information collected regarding our customers to that needed to conduct business and to offer certain products and services that might be of interest to you. You may choose to provide individually identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address) to Hamilton Relay in a number of ways through our web site — by ordering a service, sending an e-mail, or registering to receive news or public information.
Hamilton Relay does not:
- Collect individually identifiable information from our customers via our website unless it is provided to Hamilton Relay. (Hamilton Relay may ask for individual information for account set up for certain types of relay.)
- Sell the names and addresses of visitors to Hamilton Relay's website to third parties.
Hamilton Relay does:
- Use security techniques designed to protect customers' information from unauthorized access. (See Information Security below.)
- Collect, maintain and use customer information as necessary to provide the most helpful and targeted products and services to meet customers' needs to the extent permitted by Federal law. This information includes: home server domain names, email addresses, computer type, and web browser type; email addresses of website visitors that communicate with us via email; information knowingly provided in online forms, registration forms, surveys and contest entries; and aggregate user-specific information on the pages accessed by website visitors.
- Maintain and disclose to emergency service providers available phone number and location information (including so-called "Registered Location Information") for the purpose of complying with Federal regulatory requirements.
- Disclose to a customer, upon his or her request by phone, email, or letter, the information Hamilton Relay has collected, and allow the customer to modify, correct, or update this information, or cause the record to be deleted from Hamilton Relay's database. We will disclose information only via the customer's email address of record.
- Honor customers' requests to: opt out of having Hamilton Relay collect their personal information; and remove their names from our telephone or mail solicitation lists using reasonable efforts to delete the information from existing files. (You may contact Hamilton Relay by phone, email, or letter to request such removal.) Note that if Hamilton Relay is unable to maintain certain personal information, it may affect our ability to reliably or effectively provide service to you.
- When Hamilton Relay undertakes projects with other companies, provide access to customer information with an understanding that our business partners are contractually obligated to treat the information with respect for privacy concerns.
In addition to individually identifiable information, Hamilton Relay may collect information automatically when a visitor enters the Hamilton Relay website, such as the domain name, browser, the type of computer operating system, information about the web page from which the visitor linked to the site, and time spent on different pages within the site. Hamilton Relay may use this information to evaluate and improve the site, to assist customers with any technical difficulties and may share the information with business partners and others.
A cookie is a small, encrypted data string the Hamilton Relay server requests your browser to store that contains your unique Hamilton Relay User ID. Cookies are used to deliver web content specific to your interests after your initial entry. The cookie permits the server to recall information from your previous visit. A cookie is not used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. With most browsers, you can choose to change your browser settings to disable cookies. You may decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of your Web client software. Please be aware, however, that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on the Hamilton Relay website and other Internet sites.
Hamilton Relay has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under Hamilton Relay's control. During certain types of relay calls, the information you submit is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Notwithstanding these efforts, Hamilton Relay cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material you provide, including information transmitted to/from Hamilton Relay via this site or email. Hamilton Relay is thus not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Information may be submitted more privately via toll free telephone call at 800-618-4781.
Disclosure of Account Information
Hamilton Relay as a general practice does not retain "Account Information" as end user customers of relay are not billed by Hamilton Relay directly for relay calls and there is no need for retention of account information. Hamilton Relay may, when requested by a relay user, retain account type information for purposes of maintaining a profile of a relay user's preferences, for newsletter mailing lists and certain other communications.
As a general rule, Hamilton Relay does not release customer account information to unaffiliated third parties without your permission unless we have a business relationship with those companies where the disclosure is appropriate for purposes of providing the company's services. There are exceptions to this general rule. For example, Hamilton Relay might provide information to regulatory or administrative agencies so that they can accomplish their regulatory tasks (for example, responding to a customer complaint) or to maximize the efficiencies of our own processes (such as correcting mailing addresses). Other disclosures will be driven by legal requirements imposed on us. Hamilton Relay complies with "legal process," such as a subpoena or court order or other similar demand, associated with either criminal or civil proceedings.
Hamilton Relay will only disclose account information to the customer whose name appears on the account via the email address of record. If you instruct Hamilton Relay in writing to release your account information to someone, we will honor your request and provide that information. If other people need to have access and control of your account, such persons must be jointly listed or identified as such on the account by the customer whose name appears on the account.
Hamilton Relay may provide account information to other companies in the process of providing our services to you. Hamilton Relay typically has a business relationship with these companies.
For Relay Calls where long distance charges are applicable, Hamilton Relay may provide account information to collection agencies when customers do not pay their bills. Use that can be made of this information is limited to collection activities for long distance charges, or preventing fraudulent or abusive use of such services.
Because Hamilton Relay appreciates the trust you have placed in us, we continually look for ways to enhance our business relationship. From time to time and for purposes permitted under Federal law, Hamilton Relay may inform you about a product or service if you have provided us with your contact information. Hamilton Relay wants every contact you have with us to be a positive experience. So if you would prefer not to receive these value-added services, offers and opportunities, just contact us by email or phone.
Children should consult with their parents or guardian before furnishing any data to Hamilton Relay. To the extent Hamilton Relay is able to determine a user's age by their submissions to or communications with our website, we will not knowingly (1) collect or post information from individuals under the age of 16 without their parent's or guardian's consent, or (2) provide any personally identifying information collected form children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. If registration is required for any services at our website, and a user submits information indicating he/she is a child, the child's parent or guardian will receive an email alerting them to such registration and providing instructions on how the child's registration can be deleted. No information collected through our website from users self-identified as children will knowingly be used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside Hamilton Relay. If there are not age restrictions on a contest which requires registration, and if a child wins, notification and prices will be sent to the parent(s) or guardian(s) identified in the initial registration process.
Hamilton Relay is not responsible for content or privacy policies of other sites. You should keep this in mind when accessing sites through links on Hamilton Relay's website.
Social Media Policy
Hamilton Relay and Hamilton CapTel (collectively, "Hamilton") may post photos taken during community and corporate events to a Hamilton Facebook page or other internet page. As a general rule, Hamilton will not tag or otherwise identify individuals in photos unless those individuals have agreed to be identified. However, if you would like a photo removed from a Hamilton-related page for any reason, please send an email with the following detailed information to email@example.com. Please include in the email a link to where the photo is posted, your name, contact information, the title of the image you wish to have removed, and the reason you would like it to be removed.
By Phone: 800-618-4781
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org